Tuesday, July 3, 2007

L’Antica Trattoria

I took Rachel up to see the view from the pool area, and she fell in love with the hotel and the city too I'd say. It is an amazing panoramic view of the city pushed into the mountains all the way to the sea, and stretching out as far as the eye can see. My patio view isn't half bad either, just not from the same vantage point. We finished my bottle of wine from the night before while sitting on the veranda.

So then we walked into Sorrento arriving just in time for our reservation at 20.00. Stepping into the restaurant it was easy to see we had made a great choice. The ambiance was unbelievable; I kick myself now as I realize I didn't take a photo. Tables were properly set and waiting for water, champagne and wine. Aperitifs were brought out as soon as we were settled into our seats, champagne to follow. We were served an arrangement of delicious looking breads, and then we were served another with two very special rolls to try. We both went for the traditional tasting menu and we weren't the least bit disappointed. Everything was unbelievable.

Today we're either heading down the Amalfi Coast, or out to Capri. I'm meeting up with her after her Italian lesson and we're going from there.

No comments: