Saturday, June 30, 2007

Instantous Italianous

This morning we had something of a poetry scavenger hunt. I need to complete the sketches assigned on the break because I didn't keep up. We started in the Campo, our first pitch was to write a riddle about something we found there. Mine was:

Instantous Italianous
Fragrance your cocina
Preparation for a date
What am I?

I had been amused by the premixed spices you can pick up to create your own sauces. Must buy tons to take back home with me!

We checked out this building where there was a very cool perspective trick. (Find name of artist, starts with a "B".) It was very cool, but unfortunately I knew the trick. Interestingly enough apparently the distance is 11 meters while the perspective cheats your eye into believing that it would be 33 instead.

I hurried home for a catch up cohort meeting picking up pizza from the place that Matt had suggested. I didn't really care for it compared to others, but that might have been just the one I had chosen.

We met up again at the end of the day for "High Mass" at the park just to the right of the top of the Campodiligio. Every person read a poem or piece written from the past two weeks, and then Rick serenaded us with a collection of lines from what we had read. I believe he had at least one from everyone. It was brilliant. Then he bid us adieu with a few of his own. He's clever and brilliant; it's sad he's going home.

I walked with Davida and Lisa on the way home and we stopped in the Ghetto for dinner at a place I'd noted several times called Giggelleto. It was really a charming place and dinner was quite good. Would love to take Brian and his family there.

I ended the evening with a drink at Joe's working furiously to figure out a place to stay for the holiday. I finally gave in to reason (wasting too much time on searching for the "perfect place" is wasting as much as money) and settled on Hotel Cristina in Sant'Agnello (a neighborhood or neighboring town of Sorrento).

No comments: